1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recently resigned - advice on applying for new post

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by keffin20, Nov 4, 2015.

1. keffin20

keffin20 New commenter

I'm a teacher with over 10 years experience but I've recently had a bad experience in a school and decided to resign. It was definitely the right decision for me, although not an easy one! My question is about applying for new teaching posts. I was only in my most recent job for a short time and once I resigned they advertised and filled the position so that I could leave at half term. Previous to this I had worked another school since qualifying (over 10 years). I know that I will need to put both of my previous head teachers down for references, but I was wondering what I could possible put in a letter of application to explain why I wasn't at the last school for very long. I'm also not sure what type of reference they are likely to give me. Any advice would be very helpful.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

For any queries about applications, come over to Jobseekers . . .

Best wishes