1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recently failed placement...

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by nemo., Apr 2, 2011.

1. nemo.

nemo. Occasional commenter

Hi sorry to hear of your plight. It does happen a lot. I had a three placement pgce and that is less risky as I found out. I went to the second placement for 4 weeks (min) and I refused to go back. I said I would rather quit. I wont go into the details but it wasn't a pleasant experience. I had passed an observation as satisfactory using ofsted criteria in my first placement so I knew I wasn't a rubbish teacher! I went back to my first school and got offered a placement and a job. So if you did ok on first placement and you uni is happy with you then it's not your fault.

I had the advantage of teaching experience before my pgce and being senior management in my previous career so when someone tries bullying me I dont take it. Luckily my current school has a vast majority of teachers who are good examples of professionalism and good practice. From these forums you can see that some teachers act just like bullies. They really should be sacked! They would in any other profession