1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

recent meeting of SNCT - EIS response

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by braemar, Jan 19, 2011.

1. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

those of us who won't have reason to be granted maternity leave and who are fortunate in keeping good health will not be attacked.
    Happening already!
    sounds reasonable to me!!

2. You're missing the point we are all under attack - that's the smoke screen - make it look as though cutting back to 40 days 'holiday' is for the calculation of accrued holidays when off sick or on maternity leave and before you know it the remaining 20 days which will be converted to 'school closure' days will be for pupils only and teaching staff will attend their place of work.
    Just for the record I'm never off sick either and there's no chance at my age I'm going to be qualiffying for maternity leave but I firmly believe if we are not extremely vigilant we could find ourselves led by the nose into this in the mistaken view it will only affect a few.

3. halfajack

halfajack Occasional commenter

Someone else said that to me but what would be the point? How would making us go into our place of work more save money? Surely it would actually cost more, in electricity bills at least! I suppose the only thing you could say for it is it would appease our many 'haters' who bemoan the amount of holidays we get. Hmm...maybe that's enough to make it a valid political move?

4. heldon

heldon Occasional commenter

too right we are under attack
    it is time for every teacher in every staffroom to waken up to that fact
    as a matter of interest -what is the talk in your staffroom ,is there an appetite for the fight or not?

5. Yes, our staffroom are totally up in arms. People who are normally quite easy going and very conmmitted to the profession are talking of strike action if these proposals go ahead. Our probationers are even talking of moving abroad thus wasting even more public money. It really is a sorry state of affairs. Curriculum for Excellence- what a joke, enthusiastic and motivated teachers may well be a thing of the past!!!!!