1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"Recent Educational Issues" - Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by jenstowell, Jan 21, 2011.

1. jenstowell

jenstowell New commenter

Can anyone advise me of some " recent educational issues" to discuss in an upcoming teacher training interview?

I have been doing lots of preparation and research. However I am realising that just because it is new to me, doesn't mean it is necessarily new to everyone else! I subscribe to the TES and have been avidly reading it for the last 2 months, but a lot of the major articles have revolved around jobs, budgets, careers, pension, inductions for NQTs etc.

I am looking for something with a more direct bearing in the classroom. I have heard talk of another new curriculum but haven't found that much out about it. I have already looked into academies and free schools.

Many thanks for reading this!

Jen x

Ps. I am happy to go and do the research myself, I would just like a point in the right direction! :)

2. jenstowell

jenstowell New commenter

Can anyone advise me of some " recent educational issues" to discuss in an upcoming teacher training interview?

I have been doing lots of preparation and research. However I am realising that just because it is new to me, doesn't mean it is necessarily new to everyone else! I subscribe to the TES and have been avidly reading it for the last 2 months, but a lot of the major articles have revolved around jobs, budgets, careers, pension, inductions for NQTs etc.

I am looking for something with a more direct bearing in the classroom. I have heard talk of another new curriculum but haven't found that much out about it. I have already looked into academies and free schools.

Many thanks for reading this!

Jen x

Ps. I am happy to go and do the research myself, I would just like a point in the right direction! :)

3. primenumbers

primenumbers New commenter

English Bac and the effect it might have on the subjects that schools will offer (force) pupils.
    New NC, the going back to "traditional teaching"
    Have a look at the Education news section on the guardian, DM, telegraphs, might be biased but you just need to select the news, ideas. I like reading the opinion forum of the TES as well. There are a lot of topics on educational isssues as well plus interesting comments, debates (arguments).

4. First of all, congratulations on gaining a teacher training interview. ‘Recent educational issues' will cover a wide range of topics, and really relates to any currently relevant issues concerning the day-to-day classroom environment.
    A great website to find out about current topics of discussion amongst teachers is the teachernet website www.teachernet.gov.uk. This website contains plenty of articles about recent changes and important issues related to the teaching profession, as well as links to other useful websites. This should give you plenty of topics to consider, and I'm sure you'll be able to find something which you have a strong opinion on.
    Hope the interview goes well, and good luck with your future teaching career.
    Graham Holley