1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recent changes to FE

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by bekidoll1, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hi everyone!
    <font size="2">I have an interview tomorrow for a teaching course and they advised me that due to there being so many changes to the sector, it would be useful for me to visit an FE institution. As I was only notified of the interview a few days ago I haven't been successful in arranging anything at such short notice. I have been doing some research of my own, looking at education acts, FE websites and government websites, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a short summary of the main changes that have occurred from a teacher's perspective? Most of the things I have found are in relation to the institutions and not with regards to actual teaching methods etc.</font> Many thanks in advance!

2. Hi everyone!
    <font size="2">I have an interview tomorrow for a teaching course and they advised me that due to there being so many changes to the sector, it would be useful for me to visit an FE institution. As I was only notified of the interview a few days ago I haven't been successful in arranging anything at such short notice. I have been doing some research of my own, looking at education acts, FE websites and government websites, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a short summary of the main changes that have occurred from a teacher's perspective? Most of the things I have found are in relation to the institutions and not with regards to actual teaching methods etc.</font> Many thanks in advance!

3. lucchese

lucchese New commenter

Did you get anywhere with this? I have an interview at short notice and am trying to prepare with two small children under my feet. Would be grateful for any tips