1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

rebound therapy

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by strawberrylaces, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Does anyone know anything about Rebound Therapy? I found out last week that I'm going to be PE coordinator,and the new head wants a trampoline for the school gym (Special Needs School) and for me to go on a Rebound Therapy course, does any one have any ideas or has anyone been one one? I've tried googling it but haven't really found a lot.
    Any help would be great! Thanks in advance

2. Does anyone know anything about Rebound Therapy? I found out last week that I'm going to be PE coordinator,and the new head wants a trampoline for the school gym (Special Needs School) and for me to go on a Rebound Therapy course, does any one have any ideas or has anyone been one one? I've tried googling it but haven't really found a lot.
    Any help would be great! Thanks in advance

3. The phrase "Rebound Therapy" was coined by the founder, Eddy Anderson MCSP, Cert Ed, in 1969 to describe the use of trampolines in providing therapeutic exercise and recreation for people with a wide range of special needs. <font size="3">Participants range from mild to severe physical disabilities and from mild to profound and multiple learning disabilities, including dual sensory impairment and autistic spectrum.
    Rebound Therapy is used to facilitate movement, promote balance, promote an increase or decrease in muscle tone, promote relaxation, promote sensory integration, improve fitness and exercise tolerance, and to improve communication skills.
    The principles of Rebound Therapy form the basis of all gymnastic movement and are widely accepted as the logical starting point for all trampoline coach training.
    Rebound Therapy.org are the official UK body and international consultancy for Rebound Therapy&reg; They are responsible for the development and delivery of certificated staff training courses.
    For more information, see the website: www.reboundtherapy.org
    </font>

4. In our school hall, about 5 mins with 2 people

5. Cheers, mfd, good to know.