1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rebekah Brooks's hair

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Mar 13, 2012.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I think it's hideous. It might have been a statement look 10 years ago - I'm girly but tough - but these days she just looks like Medusa. Anna Wintour has stuck with the same hair as has Mary Quant but their dos are all about cut and style and look marvellous. Someone should buy Mrs B a good hairbrush or maybe suggest she has a nice trim. She looks like a fool.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I think it's hideous. It might have been a statement look 10 years ago - I'm girly but tough - but these days she just looks like Medusa. Anna Wintour has stuck with the same hair as has Mary Quant but their dos are all about cut and style and look marvellous. Someone should buy Mrs B a good hairbrush or maybe suggest she has a nice trim. She looks like a fool.

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Yes, this is why we should criticise Mrs B...her hair...

P.S that moustache didn't really suit Hitler.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Did I say it is the only area in which her judgement is lacking?
    I agree on the Hitler thing btw.

5. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Fair enough.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You've just reinforced a point made on another thread about women criticising other women's appearance. [​IMG]
    You could talk about her personality, how she ran the News of the World, phone hacking but no,
    it's the hair.

7. Ahhh but...we don't get serious over here in Personal...we gets personal! :)
    So much is criticised...and I think manky hair (or not) is fair game for our personal opinions....We have mentioned people who've been tangoed, people too fat, too thin, with wierd dress sense, voices etc...and given Rebekah Brook is in the public eye right now mentioning an outdated and wild look doesn't offend me. I feel pretty sure she won't be popping in to read.
    If we wanted to make it deep and interesting we could pose 'compare' questions given Lindenlea has already mentioned how Anna Wintour gets away with a sixties style...
    'How much importance should be placed on a good hair cut if women are in the public domain? Discuss, using current examples of retro styling which work....'
    [​IMG]

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Did you know she's just had a baby by a surrogate mother? I was surprised to hear that. Sorry. I know it's nothing to do with her hair but I just thought it was interesting. About the hair- having hair like that gets one noticed.

9. It's not, actually. It's very good hair.
    At least you can see her face, unlike that of Anna Wintour. Has anyone ever seen her recently - like in the last 20 years - without her "tradmark" large and oh-so-concealing sun glasses?

10. I suspect Posh Spice is modelling herself on Anna Wintour. Both foolish, deluded women with huge egos.

11. Curses...this means I'll have to go and find the latest picture of her and make my own mind up....

12. [​IMG]
    Well, it looks like strong healthy hair and I love the colour. I don't dislike the style either but I don't think Ms Brook has the right look or face for such a full style. It does tend to swamp her. I thought Nicole Kidman looked really good when her hair was long and curly.
    I am sure she doesn't give a damn about what anyone thinks of her look...nor should she. (I am just glad I am not papped every day as I go about my business. What a nightmare that would be...)

13. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

The hair's fine, but she's got more bags under her eyes than I have handbags!!

14. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I dread to think what has been giving her sleepless nights!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The new baby.

16. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

OK I give in. I didn't think today would be "Be nice to Rebekah Brooks" day, but you never can tell.

17. I have always found Mrs Beckham, contrary to photgraphic image, comes across a quite likeable in the few interviews she has done.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Me too - good to know I'm not alone.
    I expect that Brooks' hair is difficult to manage and that she was tormented for it when she was a child...most redheads have a hellish time from those who think it's okay to slag off 'gingers'. She looks to me as though she's developed the confidence to flaunt her hair. I don't envy her the curls but I do like red hair -if it's anything like my late mother in law's she won't go grey at all.

19. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

She doesn't have a particularly feminine face. Has she had a sex change and hence the need for a surrogate mother to have her baby?

20. Still. Nice **** though.

Oh hang on. Sorry. Did I just make a comment demeaning to another woman. Silly SILLY me....

#humourfailbutcouldn'tgiveash*t