1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reasons for Leaving,,,

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by riseandshine, May 16, 2011.

1. Thanks minnieminx.

I am all too aware of having to sell myself in my application form and that I am trying to get myself a job. However, I still have to attach my first term's induction report onto my application form, which says I may or may not meet the standards. The induction report itself isn't fantastic either (I wouldn't mind too much if I had actually been given the support that it says I had received).

Because of this, I don't feel secure enough to attach that induction report and not mention it. Should I mention it in my cover letter or personal statement, ask for an appointment with the head (I would love to think I have time to visit every school!) or just leave it?

Thanks!

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Are you sure you need to attach your induction report to the application form? That doesn't sound usual at all. They can't use it for shortlisting, so shouldn't have it in front of them.

I wouldn't mention it myself, just talk a lot about all that I had learned and the things I can bring to the new school. Once they have read your fabulous application and decided the love you, the report will seem less important and they will give you a chance.

Don't have the appt with the head before you apply, unless you want to talk yourself out of a job.

Best of Luck, but definitely check out about that induction report. Ask on the NQT forum or something.

3. Thanks again,
    The generic LEA application form asks for my induction report, so I guess I can't get around that?!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

WOW! Never heard of that. But if they specifically ask for it, no you can't get out of it really.

Just make the application so fabulous they overlook any issues on the report. I'd not mention it as a problem at all. Look forward to what you will achieve in your new fabulous job!