1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

really suffering physically as well as emotionally

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by lapinrose, Mar 17, 2012.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I don't know what to say, but you must see a doctor or go to A&E.Re drugs on prescription you can buy a 'season ticket' which means it works out much cheaper.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/cheap-prescriptions#season

Other than that all I can do is send you a big hug and hope you get your health sorted out. You'll probably start to improve once your body is functioning properly. But do get the season nticket, it works out much cheaper.

2. I'm not sure I feel up to going to A & E at the moment, I went when I still had the tumour and it was a bit of a struggle to get them to understand how much pain I was in fact in.
    Yes, I really wish I had known that at the start of this year as I'd have got one then - as it is I'm on 2 different types of antibiotic and a painkiller, I also need regular treatment for thrush (sorry - it's been a painful and embarrassing problem for years) and it looks like I'll need some sort of anti-anxiety treatment as well.
    Just in a very low place tonight - but it's helped to write it down, thank you x

3. No Eva - it's not that bad. It's trapped wind/air is all, and they won't be able to do anything. It's just quite breathtakingly painful and it probably would come as a surprise to anybody who hasn't had it just how agonising it is.
    The healthcare system here isn't very good and I have been to A & E before with blood gushing from my insides only to have been cheerfully sent on my way [​IMG] But it isn't just the physical side of things; I'm really feeling pretty bad in myself to be honest.

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Get one now you can do it on-line and then you won't have to pay anymore for a couple of months. I used to get them as with high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and the IVF treatments it was worth it.
    When I'm feeling low I tend to play loud rock music or watch a trashy film, read a trash chick-lit book, eat chocolate!
    Get to A&E, after you've got the prescription season ticket or phone for an emergency appointment with your GP tomorrow.

5. Unfortunately hon A & E won't help, I honestly do know this from bitter experience. I'm a lot lot better today - the discomfort I was in yesterday was terrible. I've had a brief chat with a pharmacist friend from university who has suggested I cut out food (temporarily!) and gradually reintroduce it to see if it is a food intolerance which seems sensible.
    I'm due back at work tomorrow after almost a week off and am sick with nerves. [​IMG] It's so hard being bullied, you never know what to expect.

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

You do sound better, I hope more people take note of the prescription thing, in fact I'll email Gail re adding it to her sticky.

7. Hi Happyrabbit,
    Just to let you know there are people thinking of you...hope your first day back went okay and the bullies kept away
    xx

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

How's it going Happyrabbit?

9. I am feeling much brighter and more positive, thank you. The pains are still there but much milder. I am back at work and it was the right decision as I was getting very stressed at home - if there was to be any more nonsense by way of accusations though I would have stayed away.
    Looking forward to Easter and starting my new job after that! x

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Glad to hear it, enjoy the sunshine.