1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

really need help on course question please!!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by angcam, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Question-Examine a range of techniques which are relevant to use in reflective practice such as questioning, keeping an open mind, seeking alternatives, considering consequences, testing ideas. How do i analyse and write about these. This is a question on a teaching assis course.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Thankyou

2. Question-Examine a range of techniques which are relevant to use in reflective practice such as questioning, keeping an open mind, seeking alternatives, considering consequences, testing ideas. How do i analyse and write about these. This is a question on a teaching assis course.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Thankyou

3. Just take each one in turn and evaluate them. How does questioning your practice/teaching methods make you improve your practice? eg. questioning - you would be looking at questioning (evaluating really) an episode/session in which you taught a group or supported a child etc. Asking yourself questions such as:
    how well did it go?
    what did the chn learn?
    how did each child respond to your instructions/explanations?
    Was LO achieved?
    did your support help the chn achieve the success criteria?
    How can I do better next time? (learn from your mistakes)
    can make you a better practitioner/TA. Being reflective means you analyse and evaluate yours (and the chn's) performance and look at ways to better it and keep notes on things that worked well so you can use these in future sessions.
    I THINK this is the sort of thing they're looking for. Hope it helps.
    Good luck!

4. Thankyou so much!! Was having a complete mental block as to what to write? Finding it difficult reflecting on my own practice as ive not got lots of experience, having trouble with the considering consequences technique, as i just cant think of anything to write about (unfortunately alot of my time was spent doing display boards, which i love, but doesnt get me the experience needed for this type of course question) thankyou for helping me already, if you have any more wisdom to share, please, please i need all the help i can get, thanks again
    xxx