1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Really Looking

Discussion in 'Primary' started by laa2laa, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I am getting observed on Thursday on the topic of 'Really Looking'. It has to be associated with minibeast. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions please? I would be really grateful!

Thanks to anybody who replies! X

2. Do you have any digital microscopes to get ICT links in there? That'd be good for brownie points :)

3. Show pic(s) of minibeast - brainstorm wow words to describe it.

Go outside and find minibeasts. Children take photos on digital cameras. Discuss them as you are looking at them.

Back inside, upload to IWB to display. In groups, describe them.

If possible, print them off, get them to trace them and discuss shapes, patterns etc and write words down.

next step will be putting these amazing words together into a poem.

You may want to take them out to take the photos on Wednesday and get them ready, printed out for Thursday when they can do the tracing and brainstorm wow words. You could then model taking some of these words and putting them into a simple poem. They could write a line or two on whiteboards in pairs for one of their photos.

4. We haven't got digital miscroscopes :(

Thanks both of you for your input. My school is an outstanding one and I am on a one year contract so if I don't get a 1 in this observation it will be the chop for me

X

5. Let us know how you get on. I know it's hard but try not to stress too much about it. I've done this with my class and we all enjoyed it. It wasn't for an observation so obviously that helped but it's an activity that the pupils can enjoy and learn a lot from. That's the main thing to keep in mind.