1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

REALLLLLLY WEEIIIRD!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mushroomz, Feb 21, 2011.

1. mushroomz

mushroomz New commenter

Two things have changed colour with me recently....
    A few weeks ago, I bought a red lip gloss. By the time I got it home, it had started to turn white. As I watched it, it went completely white...
    Then today I put a fake Pandora bead on my fake Pandora bracelet. It was a purple glass one with white spots on the outside. When I got to work, I noticed that it was blue.......I thought I must have just picked up and threaded the wrong bead, as I have done before....but then, when I got home, it was purple again. I walked along my landing and at one end of the landing the bead was purple; by the other end it was blue. I kept walking up and down my landing and it kept changing colour, from blue to purple...VERY odd!!
    Anyone have any answers??!!! [​IMG]

2. impis

impis New commenter

Different lighting at either end of the landing?
    Normal bulb at one end, energy saving one at the other perhaps?

3. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

bead - different kind of lighting?

4. mushroomz

mushroomz New commenter

I don't think so! The lighting is just the same! Maybe a few shadows or something, but there's a definite colour change, not just a different colour impression, due to an alteration in lighting!

5. pics?

6. My OH once had a pair of trousers that were olive green in day light and distinctly brown in artificial light. It was ages before I stopped thinking he kept changing trousers to go to the supermarket.

7. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

I have the same trouble with my nose, it's white when I enter the Malthouse - but red when I leave.

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Ain't that the truth Shifter! [​IMG]

9. Our walk in art cupboard at work has this effect on colour too, makes it really hard when you pick up something in the colour you want and come out to realise its a completely different colour.