1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reality of social distancing

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JasonArganaut, May 18, 2020.

?

Are your school's primary children socially distancing in the playground?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. crumbleskates

crumbleskates Occasional commenter

Try to keep staff bubbles consistent. We have not necessarily put usual staff with their year groups unless it works best like that. Even part timers you can try keep them with the same group. Older staff with Y6 if we can. The first few days will be for getting to know each other properly.

2. CabbageWhite20

CabbageWhite20 Occasional commenter

Someone I know in another school has been told he will be full time with the key worker group from June 1st. Other staff are remaining at home providing not too time consuming online provision. He also has a full timetable of online lessons to provide in a core subject (more than some staff who are staying at home). It seems unfair. I know the school very well and there’s no logic I can see in putting him in that position in terms of his skills/experience.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Other than in our school it's a she, we have the same situation for one member of staff.
    It's appalling.

4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

We haven't been told about the key worker group yet - ours are at a hub at another school and our staff are part of a rota there.

5. outdoormaths

outdoormaths New commenter