1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

reality check.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by zannar, Feb 22, 2011.

1. zannar

zannar New commenter

I woke up this morning, wishing that I had more money, less work to do etc etc.
    I then watched the news and got a big reality check. I can go out without being shot, I do not have to suffer earthquakes, avalanches or floods and my family are not starving.
    I am truly grateful for what I have and wish all those who are suffering at this time a peaceful end to their troubles.
    Hope that doesn't sound too soft.[​IMG]

2. zannar

zannar New commenter

I woke up this morning, wishing that I had more money, less work to do etc etc.
    I then watched the news and got a big reality check. I can go out without being shot, I do not have to suffer earthquakes, avalanches or floods and my family are not starving.
    I am truly grateful for what I have and wish all those who are suffering at this time a peaceful end to their troubles.
    Hope that doesn't sound too soft.[​IMG]

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Nope I'm feeling totally fed up with life at the moment but you just need to look at real suffering to put things back into perspective. Things can always be worse x

4. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

It doesn't. Well said. In my experience the people who wear discontent almost as a badge of honour and have whining and moaning off to a fine art are usually those who have little to be discontented about.

5. I agree ILS. Most people in the UK have a lot to be grateful for. I believe that ' Into each life a little rain must fall' and we all 'suffer' one way and another, but when we apply a bit of perspective, as we should, our troubles can often seem minor.