1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

real housewives of wherever

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nizebaby, Jan 22, 2020.

1. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Does anyone actually care about what they get up to?

2. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Nope. It is utter complete c r a p!

3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I watched 10 mins of the Cheshire one once. Lives so far removed from mine ought to be interesting, like nomadic tribes in Uzbekistan, but I just kept wanting to slap. I'm sure a certain poster will be along to ascribe it to envy.

bombaysapphire likes this.
  4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I don't watch the shows but if someone else enjoy them,why not?

Alice K and smoothnewt like this.
  5. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I don't think anyone's suggesting banning them.

nizebaby likes this.
  6. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Do you thonk the producers are a lot more tongue--in-cheek than the participants?

7. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

It's just envy!

Aquamarina1234 likes this.
  8. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

What is it?

9. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

God, there're hundreds of them. I imagine it's a very lucrative franchise. Real Housewives of Potomac? Eh, ok then.

10. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Here's my pitch for a reality franchise - 'Real Shedmen of Luton'. They can film me and my mates (when I get some) sat round in my shed drinking our tea, scratching our ar *es and farting. There will be riveting discussions on the best brand of haemorrhoid cream, past sexual exploits (that bit might not take long) and how much beer we used to be able to drink without throwing up. A ratings winner guaranteed!

11. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

With more substance than Real Housewives, no doubt!

Shedman likes this.
  12. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

With that said, I quite enjoyed the New Jersey one (what I saw, anyway) Those women are ROUGH.

13. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

When my eldest daughter was a teenager I used to enjoy sitting and watching some of the RHO series with her, along with other teenage stuff such as Teen Moms and Dance Moms. We used to have a laugh, which has stopped now I’m living in the empty nest.
    My all-time favourite was series one of RHONY, followed by the earlier series of RHO Beverley Hills. I’ve not seen the others. I used to love watching Frasier and thought Kelsey Grammer was king - until I saw how despicably he treated his (now ex) wife Camille, who was in ROHBH. Put me off him well and good!

Alice K, BetterNow and coffeekid like this.
  14. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Actually, @smoothnewt , when I was obsessed with New York, I watched a bit of RHONY. All the footage of the city! Brilliant. If I had to choose, I prefer RHONY over RHONJ. But NJ is very entertaining.

15. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Yup. Agreed. The whole thing is ‘scripted’ - how else do the cameras just happen to be there for the Great Reveal or why else would people , who are clearly not friends and in contact on a daily basis suddenly asks questions about a significant ‘happening ‘ in another’s life.
    That said, RHOC was my guilty pleasure as a weekly comedy show - with ham acting, creative ( though predictable) plot lines and obvious ‘plants’ and ‘set ups’ by the production team. However recently, I think it’s taken a turn to the dark side with some real nastiness, due to the need to forever ‘up’ the shock/interest/viewing- figures factor.

Ooooh. An expert - I’m impressed:)
    And another expert.:):)
    I bow to your knowledge

16. smoothnewt

They are certainly formulaic. About halfway through each series one of the ‘housewives’ will invite the others on some kind of trip, usually abroad, which will always end in tears and recriminations which rumble on through the rest of the series, often culminating in a showdown in the season finale reunion.

lizziescat likes this.
  17. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

The title sounds like that section in the last half dozen pages of certain 'Gentleman's Interest' magazines that one might find discarded in hedges on the way home from school in the 1970s.

18. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Naked hoovering, that sort of thing?

19. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Errr.... they certainly don’t do hoovering know what hoovering is:D

smoothnewt likes this.
  20. smoothnewt

They don’t do housework as they have staff.
    I remember one episode of RHOBH where one of the housewives decided it would be a novelty to cook a meal herself for the other housewives. She had heard that chicken had to be washed, so started dipping it in a sink full of washing up water, until one of the others stopped her.
    At the time I wondered why on Earth you’d wash chicken, but I hadn’t heard of chlorinated chicken back then. :confused: