1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reading Tests for secondary special school

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Beb, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Beb

Beb New commenter

Hi I am just wondering what if any reading tests, colleagues in secondary special schools use!

We have been using the WRAT but for various reasons we are looking to change, possibly to something more diagnostic, do any of you have any suggestions?

The difficulty is finding one that is accessible to our students, that also gives standardised scores etc, my argument is what are we testing for if we know where our students are at do we need to test? But I also understand the need for relevant data etc so would welcome suggestions of what other tests special schools use or why you don't?

If that makes sense, any information would be welcome Thanks.

Apologies in advance if paragraphs etc disappear when I post

2. Are you posting in something like Chrome?
    Just put a at the start of each paragraph and a
    at the end. TES only enables easy formatting in IE or Firefox

Sorry, can't help with Reading tests[​IMG]

3. Ive been using Young's too which suits our purposes. No point reinventing the wheel I guess

4. I don't want to reinvent the wheel but always queried how much Young's actually tells us. From comments made by other TES posters, I think there are other tests out there which would give more information that would help us plan more effectively. However, as I said, I haven't looked into them yet.