1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reading SATs Test 2016

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bramallblade, May 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

I'm feeling sick at the thought of tomorrow! Normally we log on at home at midnight, but we've decided that we'll all wait and do it together at school tomorrow morning.
    At least school's closed to children tomorrow because it's strike day, gives us plenty of time for crying and rocking in the corner!

2. bramallblade

bramallblade New commenter

My HT has been told that the raw score and the threshold will be released tomorrow. The scaled scores will not be released until August or even maybe September.

This thread's return gives me the shivers at the thought of tomorrow.

piggely1 likes this.
  3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Where have they heard that?

4. bramallblade

An assessment leader update. Not sure of the specifics i'm afraid.

5. joncrip

joncrip New commenter

That can't be right can it? Because we've been instructed to report to parents with their child's scaled score. Maybe there was a mix up in all the confusion! Or perhaps it's the school's progress measure that we won't know until RaiseOnline is released in the autumn.

6. bramallblade

I don't think we have been told to report the scaled score merely just the raw score and whether they passed or failed - so to speak.

7. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I can't see anything online that says this has changed. We were told that we would get the scaled score tomorrow.

8. bramallblade

I know. I am only repeating what my HT and local cluster have been told. Regardless, we'll find out tomorrow. We all know these SATs were farcical and aren't worth paying any attention to.

9. joncrip

joncrip New commenter

10. Bluebird1

Bluebird1 New commenter

Now Nicky Morgan is getting in her excuses early.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-36703784

I think tomorrow is going to be very grim now. What an appalling way to treat the profession and our children. Looks like they are all set to crash primary standards and fail thousands of children. As Russell Hobby NAHT has just tweeted 'lower results tomorrow will in no one reflect the hard work of teachers and children'. This is so sad as this is exactly what the media and Ofsted will do in the autumn.

piggely1 likes this.
  11. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

We had our assessment leader update in the borough on Wednesday last week and they still thought scaled scores would be released tomorrow. Perhaps it was borough wide comparisons they were talking about?

12. MissMoreInfo44

MissMoreInfo44 New commenter

Agree it would be good to know for sure,and for that info to be in the public domain to avoid uncertainty and conflict between schools and parents as to what info is to be provided.See this link too as to what apparently needs to be reported to parents too..
    https://community.tes.com/threads/ks2-reporting-sats-results-to-parents.741757/#post-11742674

13. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello,

This news has been posted on Twitter:

upload_2016-7-5_11-8-26.png

14. Oh yes, I remember that.

Horrifying.