1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reading Manager

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Spreadyourwings, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Has anyone else heard about Ofsted suggestions that schools should appoint a reading manager? Someone responsible for reading only. This seems to be something my head is pushing for. As Literacy co-ordinator I can see this causing problems, if I have to relinquish responsibility for reading to some one else, or give up repsonsibility for writing and speaking and Listening. I don't see how you can separate reading from the rest of Literacy teaching. Has anyone else heard about this?

2. Has anyone else heard about Ofsted suggestions that schools should appoint a reading manager? Someone responsible for reading only. This seems to be something my head is pushing for. As Literacy co-ordinator I can see this causing problems, if I have to relinquish responsibility for reading to some one else, or give up repsonsibility for writing and speaking and Listening. I don't see how you can separate reading from the rest of Literacy teaching. Has anyone else heard about this?