1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

reading levels/colour levels and phonics levels - help?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kaz_allan, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am looking to make our reading schemes all fit together with phonics - its a massive job! Does anyone currently do this or does anyone have a list of all the colour codes, the nc levels, RR levels and the correct stage of phonics that should be taught at each level?
    I would be so grateful for this or any help towards this huge aim for September!
    Thanks all

2. Hi
    I am looking to make our reading schemes all fit together with phonics - its a massive job! Does anyone currently do this or does anyone have a list of all the colour codes, the nc levels, RR levels and the correct stage of phonics that should be taught at each level?
    I would be so grateful for this or any help towards this huge aim for September!
    Thanks all

3. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

There's a book, think it's called Book Bands for reading, whichyou would find useful. It lists most scheme books and a range of other stories and allows you to colour code them into book bands, pretty sure it also lays out which bands correlate with which book band.
    Reagarding L&S phases I think I've got something at school which links all three together. will have a look tomorrow.

4. Thanks for your help I'm really grateful. X

5. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

The bug club books are phonetically based and they are banded. They also have a bit inside the cover which informs you witch sounds are focused on in the book and questions. I find a lot of the new published schemes are doing this. I know floppy's phonics books does, but cannot remember if they are banded.

6. If you can contact me I have some Guided reading sheets we use that have all the info you need - I think!

7. I will be a NQT and this would be SO useful for me! Please could you send me a copy: treneman@sky.com
    THANK YOU!!

8. Hopefully you have mail.

9. Brilliant - thank you!