1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reading lesson y3

Discussion in 'Primary' started by beccahilton, Apr 25, 2018.

1. beccahilton

beccahilton New commenter

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me think of an inspiring idea for teaching reading in y3 please?

I have an interview on Friday for a really lovely school. I have to teach a 20 reading lesson to a mixed ability y3 class. I don't have any other information. I need to think of something memorable and maybe a little different. Does anyone have any magnificent ideas or an idea for a quality text I could use?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I will say what I always say to anyone, go with a text you really love. That way you'll be more relaxed and your personality and abilities will shine through. You don't want to be thinking too hard about an unfamiliar text which may make you nervous. So use a text you have used before, or one you just adore sharing.

However I also usually also say choose your Objective first. One you are confident with and then decide on a text which will help deliver that learning.

ViolaClef likes this.