1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reading journals/ Reading records

Discussion in 'English' started by Jules75, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Hi

Trying to put together a reading journal for students to use in form time. Was thinking of including the usual stuff - listing how much has been read and including activities to run alongside. Only problem is I can't seem to find my copy that I used to have! Has anyone got something saved that I could use, please?

Equally, has anyone got any advice about whether reading journals work as a way to get kids reading. Are they faffy? Anyone got anyother suggestions? We were going to tie this in with our rewards system.

Thanks

2. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

We check reading in diaries, how much read and when read. We also use these:
    http://www.nate.org.uk/index.php?page=11&pub=590
    Apparently schools in Lincolnshire have been using them for a while. It seems to come under a banner of Rooted in Reading. I wonder if there are any posters anywhere that we could use in school as quite like the idea. There are different sorts of passports and different levels for different purposes. We use the Challenge one. Kids love it!