1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reading Comprehension

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Milgod, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

How do you mean? Do you do guided reading now?

2. I really like the OLD Scholastic Comprehension photocopiable books but they're not all available any more. I would pay good money for the 9-10 book!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comprehension-Photocopiable-Skills-Activities-Ages/dp/0590538853/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1308251510&sr=1-1

They are organised by text type so recount, information texts, poetry etc are all covered. I've got the new version for Y5 but it's not as simple and I think it's trying to do the whole Literacy hour in one go. I like to do regular comprehensions and want something straightforward, like the old books!

3. Yes, we do Guided Reading, but we also want to encourage children to really focus on the comprehension aspect of reading. This is covered in Guided Reading, but through discussion.

4. Thanks Teacher1974, I'll go and have a look. Have you tried Ebay for the 9-10 book?

5. Yes but will keep checking!