1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reading Ages Linked to APP

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jasminemay, May 5, 2011.

1. Where can I find information on reading ages linked to the APP levels?
    if you have a year 5 child with a reading age of 7 years, am I correct to assume that I should be using the APP forms for KS1. Also should a child with insecure phonic knowledge be levelled at a level 3 if they still do not have a lot of the double blends?

Also where would I find information on how to level fiction books according to reading age. So that in the reading corner the books are colour coded according to reading age. Children's reading age is then assessed and they can only pick the books from the book corner in the correct colour code.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

2. Where can I find information on reading ages linked to the APP levels?
    if you have a year 5 child with a reading age of 7 years, am I correct to assume that I should be using the APP forms for KS1. Also should a child with insecure phonic knowledge be levelled at a level 3 if they still do not have a lot of the double blends?

Also where would I find information on how to level fiction books according to reading age. So that in the reading corner the books are colour coded according to reading age. Children's reading age is then assessed and they can only pick the books from the book corner in the correct colour code.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.