1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

reading ages and levels

Discussion in 'Primary' started by FenellaF, Jan 5, 2011.

1. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Hi, please can anyone help, my brain is now mush thinking about this! At the end of year 2, a child should be a 2b and they are anywhere between 6.0 years and 6.11 years old. No, that's not right, is it? ARGH!!!!!!
    Is it then likely that a child who came out with a 1a in the Y2 SATs would have a reading age of 7.0?
    Oh, please help me, I'm going to cry. [​IMG]

2. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Hi, please can anyone help, my brain is now mush thinking about this! At the end of year 2, a child should be a 2b and they are anywhere between 6.0 years and 6.11 years old. No, that's not right, is it? ARGH!!!!!!
    Is it then likely that a child who came out with a 1a in the Y2 SATs would have a reading age of 7.0?
    Oh, please help me, I'm going to cry. [​IMG]

3. Not sure I can help but.....
    We fin the reading age using Suffolk reading tests...reading words on their own or in context (a sentence).

The reading level we find through SATs tests at th end of Y2. The reading tests for SATs are gained mainly from comprehension...reading a passage/short story and answering questions.

I had loads last year where the reading age didnt seem to match the level.

Not sure how much hlp this is..

Doodles