1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reading activity for TA Interview

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by anewcareer, Jul 4, 2012.

1. I'm looking for a bit of help.

I have a TA interview next week and have to read my favourite book to a class of Year 2 who are mixed abilities. I then have to have a discussion with them about the book. I was thinking about the Gruffalo but am not sure if this is for the right age group? I've got Dahl in the back of my mind but as I only have 20 mins these books may just not work as are long and I would have to extract a part out of them. I just want to make sure that I capture most of the audience.

Can any one help, thanks in advance!

2. I'm looking for a bit of help.

I have a TA interview next week and have to read my favourite book to a class of Year 2 who are mixed abilities. I then have to have a discussion with them about the book. I was thinking about the Gruffalo but am not sure if this is for the right age group? I've got Dahl in the back of my mind but as I only have 20 mins these books may just not work as are long and I would have to extract a part out of them. I just want to make sure that I capture most of the audience.

Can any one help, thanks in advance!