1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reading 2014 curriculum

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rkp7, Feb 20, 2016.

1. rkp7

rkp7 New commenter

HI

I'm looking to assess my class on the new reading objectives. I'm looking for a list/exemplification (if one exists) of 'further exception words, including those with unusual spelling/sound links' suitable for year 3/4. I know that I can use my judgement and their 'old' money levels and whether they are suitable within the year group, but this doesn't help with moderation.
    thanks in advance
    Bec

2. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

There are common exception word checklists on that website that is like the rhyme ......little star. I think they may have other lists.

3. hecate

hecate New commenter

I was looking for exactly the same thing earlier this week - I gave up, assuming it was just a non existent piece of government waffle......maybe we should just make one up....

4. dillydinsoaur

dillydinsoaur New commenter

We believed it was linked with the spelling exception words and sounds which are an appendix to the national curriculum, so that's what we're teaching.

It won't let me attach the file but if you Google 'national curriculum spelling appendix' it should show up :)