1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Read Write Inc - Years 3 and 4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lovecake123, May 5, 2011.

1. lovecake123

lovecake123 New commenter

Hi,
    Our school has just bought the read write inc scheme for the whole school YR -Y6 from sept.
    I teach in year 4 and am a bit confused. The majority of my class will have finished have the RWI/be a level 2A plus, so should be doing the Comprehension. Looking at it, it comprises of 30 weekly modules which is approximately one years work, then in year 5 they do the comprehension plus.
    My question is that potenitally when we have being doing it a year or so, Y2, 3 and 4 children will all be on the comprehension part, having complete RWI. So if there are only 30 weekly modules, what do they do when they have finished them before starting comprehension plus in year 5. Some may be on this for 3 years or at least 2. Do they do the modules twice? Or something completely different in the meantime?
    Can anyone who does the full thing let us know what they do in there school?
    Thanks