1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Read Write Inc Vs Letters and Sounds

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Laurie79, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi,

I am writing a 6000 word assignment on the effective phonics can have on a key stage one child when they are learning to read.
    During my assignment I would like to say why most schools I have researched use part of read write inc and part of letters and sounds. I would like thelp on answering the following questions -
    Why dont they use one or the other??
    What are the negeatvie and postives for both??
    How is read write INc and Letters and Sounds different to what Pie Corbett wants us to teach like??

Many thanks for your help

2. Danni889

Danni889 New commenter

Hi,
    I am just wondering whether you found anything on this and if so where from. I am currently writing my dissertation on Read, Write, Inc vs Letters and Sounds.
    Thanks
    Danni

3. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

I'd love to know the answer too. My children's school uses a bit of Read Write Inc, and nothing else so far as I can work out. I don't know why they don't do the whole thing. Maybe you could send them a questionnaire?

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I'm not sure what you want to compare

5. Laurie79: Have you looked at RWI and Letters and Sounds to conduct an evaluation and comparison yourself so that you know 'what' they are and 'what' they provide and 'how' they differ?