1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Read Write Inc Reading Levels & NC Levels

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bjmerry, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Just coming up to my term 2 profile and it has coincided with our RWI assessments. The children have made a lot of progress and I was wondering if anyone knows of any correlation between RWI reading assessment scores (out of 300) and National Curriculum levels?

i.e. RWI 200 = 1a NC

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Is the 'phonic' Read Write Inc assessment you are talking about? (The one which asks them to recognise graphemes/ digraphs, read real and nonsense words, orally blend etc?) There is no direct correlation for this one as far as I'm aware but there is a Read Write Inc assessment that specifically uses NC levels which sounds as if it might be more useful for you. There is a series of passages for children to read and this gives them a NC level. Hope this helps!

3. That's the one.

Thankyou very much. Do you know if that is additional booklet that has to be bought or is it contained in the phonic assessment booklet?

4. Hello! I know this is an old post but do you know where I could find those reading passages? They'd be fantastic to use!

5. invincible

invincible New commenter

IIRC there is a table in the back of the phonics assessment book (with the passges) that shows the NC levels. You can buy the book separately.