1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Read Write Inc - Phonics

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ducksgoquack, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hello,
    School is just starting to use RWI Phonics and I am planning my first lesson for Monday. There is a good section about what needs to be covered on which days in the handbook but I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on timings as I just can't see how it works at the moment.
    Thank you!

2. Hello,
    School is just starting to use RWI Phonics and I am planning my first lesson for Monday. There is a good section about what needs to be covered on which days in the handbook but I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on timings as I just can't see how it works at the moment.
    Thank you!

3. Planning? What the hell are you planning? its all in the handbook. You need to be very prepared, have everything ready to hand, and make sure you keep the pace and energy up as thats what the whole programme is about. We do it everyday for 30 minutes, and the groups are very fluid, they change every month and are assessed and split between teachers and lsas in the school at 10 every morning

4. Thanks, SIRFRANK. I'm using the plans in the handbook but I was wondering how fast "pacey" is as well. We will be having 45 minutes per session, so I was wondering how to split the time up?