1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Read Write inc and Letters and Sounds phases

Discussion in 'Primary' started by CarrieV, Nov 4, 2011.

1. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Does anyone know how the Read Write inc levels match up to Letters and Sounds phases? I'm sure I've seen a matching document somewhere but the Teachers Guides are at school and I'm hoping not to have to go back in!

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Does anyone know how the Read Write inc levels match up to Letters and Sounds phases? I'm sure I've seen a matching document somewhere but the Teachers Guides are at school and I'm hoping not to have to go back in!

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

No idea at all, but would love to find out. We are thinking about read, write, inc in our school.

4. I could send you the match up that we use, It's a single sheet.

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

That would be great, I will PM you

6. I've sent the layout. Hope it's useful.

7. You have mail!

8. Oh please could I have one too, just what I was searching the web for . . . . .

laurenm366@aol.com
    Thank you

9. Me too, if you don't mind?!

Hollyv71@hotmail.co.uk

10. asher6249

asher6249 New commenter

11. If I'm not too late, please could you email me a copy -
    jedickson88@hotmail.com

Thanks!

12. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

Is there any chance someone could put this in the resources section? That way there is no need for everyone to keep inputting their email address.
    Thanks

13. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

[​IMG]Splendid idea. One I would have suggested had takethatno1fan hadn't beaten me to it.

14. Sorry my copy is in school.
    To those of you thinking of using Read, Write Inc - I can't recommend highly enough. I have been a literacy co-ordinator for 7 years now have been using R.W.I since September 2011 and this scheme really gets results. In my school we do x4 weekly R.W.I plus x4 literacy lessons per week. R.W.I will suggest that you use it instead of literacy lessons in KS1 but we find this works. The fresh start materials that they have for strugglers in KS2 is age appropriate but levelled so the children enjoy it. By Feb half term nearly a third of the yr1 cohort should be off the scheme and I expect all children (apart from special needs) to be off by the end of the academic year. R.W.I also links into the Reading by Six document from OFSTED.
    Please ask if you want any more information.

15. I have added the sheet to resources under KS1 phonics also a more detailed sheet we are trialling.

16. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

Thanks Worktop04. Happy New Year!

17. peppermint25

peppermint25 New commenter

I would really appreciate these sent too :)

Thank you and happy New Year!

mlogan22@hotmail.co.uk

18. I would be interested in seeing a copy of the match between read,write inc and Letters and sounds.
    Thanks Sue