1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE Y5 Easter - Victory planning/ideas

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by janegeography, Feb 22, 2011.

1. I teach secondary so am not an expert in primary teaching, but here's what occurred to me, I hope it is of use.
    You could use different hymns and songs for different tasks. One could be copied into the centre of an A3 sheet with plenty of space around for children to either 'brainstorm' words linked to the text or to draw symbols or pictures which illustrate part of the song.
    Another song could be used where perhaps two verses are given and children are asked to write another verse.
    You could aks children to storyboard part of the story of The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe.
    With all of the teaching, what about personal response to the whole story - what does Jesus' resurrection mean to you?
    How does Jesus' resurrection fit into the story of the Bible - what is the point - how is it viewed as a victory - over what?
    Good luck.