1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE: Where the jobs are

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by marmiteandcheese, May 27, 2013.

1. marmiteandcheese

marmiteandcheese New commenter

But what if everyone applying reads this and does an executive summary and does a great interview?! Then what? (I got an interview last week, but sadly not the job, and I did an executive summary, which may be helped to get me an interview, then I did a shocking lesson and screwed it all up!) But anyway, isn't this going to make the selection process harder for everyone if everyone is upping their game?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Bumping this thread for this year's cohort, as someone has already spotted it.

Plus I've heard a rumour that all new Schools Direct posts for 'experienced career changers' will come with an automatic guarantee of a job at the end of it. So fewer jobs will be advertised in the future?

3. Hi

I also get a topic of discussion. One of the article i was reading says CEO's income is less compare to Doctors. Is that true? what's your take on this. The article is about Highest Paying Jobs

4. John_in_Luton

John_in_Luton Occasional commenter

There'll still be a need for the job ads! School Direct requires a crystal ball showing what vacancies the school will have over a year into the future. Won't help when a key member of the team applies for a promotion in another school that you weren't expecting, or decides to re-locate because their partner's got a new job or something...

Incidentally, there are changes afoot in the jobs market this year. I've still got vacancies coming out of my ears at the moment, and I hear similar tales coming from my colleagues a few miles to the south on the outer edges of London.

5. I am very surprised to hear that, John. I know of many science and maths teachers (I am the former), who have not had a sniff in years, either in London, or its fringes.