1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE unit Changes.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by nicolajayne1989, Apr 9, 2012.

1. hello i am a NQT year 4 teacher and have been told that i am to plan a RE topic on the cross curricular theme of changes.
    I have two ideas: changes in how we wordship as christians e.g less often going to church compaired to olden days and raising Q of if we have to go to church to show our belief etc.
    and also on the childrens values and beleifs and what they value/believe and if their are any changes in this in their lives. whats improtant to them etc.
    Im very stuck and any imput at all would be life saving
    Thankyou x

2. legoearth

legoearth New commenter

What about covering several faiths and the milestones people reach as they get older? For example. christening, confirmation, wedding, funeral.

3. I think it would not be appropriate at that age to look at the decline in church worship. It could also offend religious parents. Transitions such as baptism and weddings would be more appropriate for that age. Also stories of how people change from bad to good (eg the Buddhist story of Angulimala)

4. Thankyou for your advice i was also unsure about the discussion of how people worship these days! i am going to lookin into that story and i do like the theme of the mile stones aswell :) thankyou! x