1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Re-structuring interview

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by thin lizzie, Feb 7, 2012.

1. thin lizzie

thin lizzie New commenter

Hi, Due to re-structuring, I will no longer exist as Head of music (same for Head of drama) and I will have to apply to become Head of Performing Arts. Any advice for how I should approach the interview. Should I prepare a portfolio? I do also teach a little drama so have experience in that field. Still a bit shell shocked so any advice welcome. Thanks.

2. thin lizzie

thin lizzie New commenter

Hi, Due to re-structuring, I will no longer exist as Head of music (same for Head of drama) and I will have to apply to become Head of Performing Arts. Any advice for how I should approach the interview. Should I prepare a portfolio? I do also teach a little drama so have experience in that field. Still a bit shell shocked so any advice welcome. Thanks.

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

This has happened to me twice... Restructuring, while sometimes essential can be so demoralising, devisive and destructive....

I would expect the interview to focus on questions that ask how you will move from head of a department to heading up a 'faculty' and leading a team. This is something many drama teachers often lack experience wise as so many are solo entities.