1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

re-sitting AQA/topping up short course to long course query. Help!

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by cmjennings, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Hi, I dont think you can do that with AQA and I doubt you would have time to do two units in one year. Contact them first to find out. I would personally teach unit 3 as results (mine anyway) always seem to be much better than on Unit 2. Youll also find that when you get to Feb a lot of students seem to realise that the skills and styles of questions are repeated so tthis becomes second nature as well as the content. Aim to finish by Feb half term and revise for the rest. You wil have also more data on the students to make a decision and those who need to do short course can focus on that etc.

2. san38

san38 New commenter

Thanks for the reply cmjennings - think I have explained badly. We're not planning to do two units in one year - they have done Unit 2 in a year (year 10) and I am going to do another unit in y11. I was just wanting to know if some kids can have their y10 mark discarded and just enter for the y11 unit which will mean they just get a short course and if the kids who did well in y10 could have the y11 unit added on to equal a full course - complex business! Yes, unit 3 looked good but I have actually decided to go for unit 4 just because the philosophy works better as a selling point for our A level course.

3. I think that your SLT may decide that you have to keep all of the grades (i.e.A* - G) because they all have points attached and the total number of points awarded form one of the judgements about the school in the SEF. It will be a decision made by your SLT. G