1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Re-sit guidance please

Discussion in 'English' started by P1xysunflower, Aug 24, 2015.

1. My adult leaners took the GCSE Edexcel English paper at our adult and community education institution in SE London (5EH2F, unit 2, June 2016). The learners in my class were not native English speakers so they did very well to complete the GCSE course in one year and do as well as they did. The two / three learners who missed out on a C grade by just a few marks (mainly due to issues with time management, it seems), are eager to resit as they need the C grade for their next courses/the professions they hope to enter. As it is unlikely that my college can lay on resits, I just wondered if it is possible for other nearby institutions to add these learners as independents for the course. Is there any procedure/advice on this that anyone can offer so that I can pass on to my learners? The learners would of course be prepared to pay for their exam.

Thank you in advance.

2. saluki

saluki Lead commenter

Why can't they re-sit at your college?