1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Re-sit final undergrad degree exam?

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by sams8406, May 2, 2012.

1. I have an offer from Strathclyde uni for PDGE English and its on the condition that I have an English Degree. I am sitting my final exams just now and have a feeling I have made a right mess of atleast 1 of them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I had to resit an exam in August would I then be unable to attend my postgrad course? I am doing honours so just this mean I allready have enought credits for a normal degree therfore could still attend? or does that mean nothing?
    I am confused and worried that I have screwed up my offer which I was lucky to get in the first place :(

2. I have an offer from Strathclyde uni for PDGE English and its on the condition that I have an English Degree. I am sitting my final exams just now and have a feeling I have made a right mess of atleast 1 of them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I had to resit an exam in August would I then be unable to attend my postgrad course? I am doing honours so just this mean I allready have enought credits for a normal degree therfore could still attend? or does that mean nothing?
    I am confused and worried that I have screwed up my offer which I was lucky to get in the first place :(

3. Hey, I'm doing the same as you! Got conditional too. When I phoned up last week to ask when we need to send our degree certificate they said just as long as it is in before the course starts. So if you have a resit say the start of august then you might get it all.sorted by the end of the month on time? I really hope you do well and haven't done as bad as you thought yesterday but if you have a resit then I think they will be really nice about it and maybe you can sort it out. Will this exam make a massive difference to your overall grade? Audrey