1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

re settlement agreements 2015

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sockknittingtubes, Jul 5, 2015.

1. sockknittingtubes

sockknittingtubes New commenter

Dear theo

has anything changed since the advice you put on this website? I am facing a settlement agreement and hope for a termination for the end of this term ie 31st August. It was only after seeing occupational health and having couselling I realised I was subjected to work place bullying and total lack of support . I was delighted to read your advice and just wondered if anything has changed since then

. I am 60 and feel I have nothing to loose - the job was on paper my dream job and just perfect for me but I was undermined andhad TAs who made my teaching in lessons very very difficult all in all not good. I used to hide and eat my lunch in a cupboard, or go to the Staff Loo and hide and occasionally go for a walk and often be sick or cry.

advice please, what can I possibly expect financially ?I know I need to move on scared that this was my dream job description and it went so badly wrong

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I'm sorry that things are going so badly for you. At least the summer coming up should make you feel better, and if you can also see the light at the end of the tunnel, that will be great too.

Not as far as I know, but I may have missed something, and you should always consult your union for all advice on this.

I am afraid that i cannot tell you this, because (a) I am not in possession of all the details and (b) even if I were, I am not the person to give you this advice. It must be your union here.

Union, union and union, for all the help and support that you need here.

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.