1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE scheme of work year 10 and 11

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by hezekiah66, May 18, 2011.

1. Hi out there i'm looking for a RE scheme of work for a non Gcse RE option . The pupils only have RE once a week can anyone help

2. Sorry but i don't think it's that simple.
    You need to provide something stimulating, relevant and interesting and to not repeat what you have already done in KS3.
    For this reason your scheme would usually be tailor made taking into account your situation, interests and of course the resources available. None of this can be provided by another teacher from another school - unless perhaps they have been following the same scheme's of work as you.
    your best bet is to find a similar school in your local area who are most likely to be using your locally agreed syllabus, and start from there.

3. I teach a Short Course GCSE to Year 10 and Year 11 in 50 minutes a week. Its possible to teach it in that time. I do Religion and Life Edexcel.
    I agree with comments previously, you need to create your own scheme if you don't do a GCSE or choose a GCSE specification and use its modules to create a scheme of work. At least then the levels would be appropriate!