1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE PGCE chester

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by ldavies18, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Hi

I have an interview for PGCE RE at Chester in a few weeks time. Just wondering if anyone has been through the same thing and has any tips? Also stressing about what topic to pick for my presentation so if anyone has any tips on picking a good topic that would be helpful!!

xx[​IMG]

2. I hope it went well for you - I have mine in a couple of weeks and am just narrowing down my presentation subject too :)

3. Hi
    Hope your interview went well. Have an interview at Chester coming up for PGCE RE.
    Any tips or advice you could give would be really helpful. Struggling with presentation topic too! Worried about subject knowledge - it has been a long time since Uni!! What was the written test like? Soooooooo many questions!
    [​IMG]

4. The interview is not too bad. The presentation should be given to your fellow candidates and interviewers (who are lovely) then you feed back on each others. Dont stress about the written test. I did this two years ago and am now completing my NQT year.
    The only piece of advice would be to pick a presentation topic that would actually be taught
    and dont do an activity that every teacher does, try to be imaginative. Also dont bank using a computer.
    If you have a love for the subject im sure you will do well.
    HTH

5. Hello,
    I had my interview for PGCE French in November at Chester. I would say the whole experience wasn't half as bad as I expected it to be! I was told to pick a topic about the culture of France so I went for food - she told me afterwards it was a good topic as it was something a class would be interested in and I had a powerpoint with photos etc to make it bright and interesting etc. And then questions wise we had to discuss our teaching experience, why we wanted to be teachers, why did we choose Chester and what were the issues facing Modern Languages.

Hope that's some help and good luck!