1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE Month Workshop resources on Hinduism

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by durgamata, Mar 8, 2011.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hi guys

Very busy for past weeks, preparing for RE workshops.

Yesterday in a lovely primary school for a day on Hinduism.
    It went well, all the children contributed to creating a Rangoli pattern after listening to a story - we covered some of the deities, sections from the Ramayana and Mahabarata, the nature of God, Diwali, history of Hinduism, Aum and more.

Two girls from year 2 came back wanting to help at breaktime and said it was the best day they have ever had in school. A crowd of children stopped me in the corridor after lunch with too many questions to answer. The rangoli was worked on by all the children who I taught all day and is nearly complete. The RE coordinator kept all the coloured rice and will supervise its completion and use it as a focus for reflective and meditative exercises.
    It was a really great day for me, too.

I have uploaded several of the resources I prepared - including a Slide Show Power Point with over 80 slides, based on the overview I prepared for Assembly, pausing it to expand on things and asking questions. But I have added a lot to the Assembly one to cover more topics and in more depth.

You can adapt this by saving it under different names and deleting sections not related to that topic. That should give you lots of short, stimulating slide shows which you can show with music.

Do contact me (pm or info@bluelotus.co) if you would like a workshop, a few days still available in March (they are free for RE Month)

Enjoy!!
    And if you do use the resources please add comments and ratings etc.

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hi guys

Very busy for past weeks, preparing for RE workshops.

Yesterday in a lovely primary school for a day on Hinduism.
    It went well, all the children contributed to creating a Rangoli pattern after listening to a story - we covered some of the deities, sections from the Ramayana and Mahabarata, the nature of God, Diwali, history of Hinduism, Aum and more.

Two girls from year 2 came back wanting to help at breaktime and said it was the best day they have ever had in school. A crowd of children stopped me in the corridor after lunch with too many questions to answer. The rangoli was worked on by all the children who I taught all day and is nearly complete. The RE coordinator kept all the coloured rice and will supervise its completion and use it as a focus for reflective and meditative exercises.
    It was a really great day for me, too.

I have uploaded several of the resources I prepared - including a Slide Show Power Point with over 80 slides, based on the overview I prepared for Assembly, pausing it to expand on things and asking questions. But I have added a lot to the Assembly one to cover more topics and in more depth.

You can adapt this by saving it under different names and deleting sections not related to that topic. That should give you lots of short, stimulating slide shows which you can show with music.

Do contact me (pm or info@bluelotus.co) if you would like a workshop, a few days still available in March (they are free for RE Month)

Enjoy!!
    And if you do use the resources please add comments and ratings etc.