1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE Lesson yr 1/2 OFSTED! Please help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by acceb, Feb 4, 2012.

1. <font size="2">Hi all, I'm getting into a right state about our Ofsted visit on Tuesday/Wednesday. </font><font size="2"> I'm due to teach an RE lesson based on religious stories - My RE subject knowledge is usually quite good but I must bw having a mental block! </font> <font face="Times New Roman">LO- </font>Learners should be able to identify the important ideas stories and suggest what impact they might have on the life of a believer.<font face="Times New Roman"> </font>

2. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

Could you do a story from the Bible? Only because you might be able to find more resources/ideas Maybe the Good Samaritan- chn watch animated version then act it out. Discuss message of the story and go to tables and share with TP how they would be a good neigbour. Pair yr1/yr2?

Not sure about the lesson objective you have listed, Could it be to learn from a religious story, Context: The Good Samaritan?
    Sorry if not useful.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

For me your activity doesn't actually relate to the LO. For me they would need to be able to identify the key pt. in the story- that Muhammed was told to recite the messages(or tell to others the stories) & for suggest the impact -to be able to realise that this would thus apply to any believer after his death.
    Could you do some Chinese whispers for an activity. (Shows the need to be accurate.)
    If they were Allah, what important stories would they want to tell?
    Any help?

4. <font size="2">Thank you for your ideas. </font><font size="2">They did Bible stories last week so can't really do another one. But yes I did think the activities didn't link to the lo. </font><font size="2">Thinking of shortening the LO to - </font>
    <font size="2"></font>
    <font size="2">Acceb X </font> .

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Believe in yourself. If you weren't being observed you wouldn't even give it a second thought.