1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE lesson on Hajj with yr 9 ideas resources etc HELP

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Rat1, Mar 7, 2011.

1. I have got a lesson to teach on thurs through my supply agency on the Hajj for a yr 9 RE lesson, a subject and topic I know nothing about.
    Any ideas anyone?
    Are there resources available and what key concepts do I impart?
    All useful advice gratefully accepted

2. I think Channel 4 has some video clips that you could use. BBC has some useful info on their website too.
    Not taught this for a while though.

3. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

Check out TES resources - Phallen has put a good overall idea for the five pillars - You could put information around the room with question sheets for pupils to find the answers from. However phallen does also do a Hajj fact finding lesson which may be of use with 'passports' to complete and other tasks (another lesson where you could post information around the room to get them finding the info. These types of tasks work well with many of my students.

There are a few useful resources - just means a bit of printing out before hand - oh and a supply of blue tack!!

XX

4. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

I do a fact-finding lesson as well. They have an A3 sheet split into the different days for them to fill in.