1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE: Leaving gift for a group of very special pupils - can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by dessie82, Jul 9, 2010.

1. I am currently class teacher for a very small class of children with severe learning difficulties. Four of the childrenI teach will be leaving me next week after having taught them for 3 years. They are all very special individuals and I will be sad to see them go. As such I have decided to compile a DVD of photos capturing their achievements over the past 3 years for parents but am struggling to think of uplifting songs to put onto the DVD as a backing track. Have only thought of 'Proud' by Heather Small. Any ideas?

2. deeley

deeley New commenter

greatest day - take that
    shine - take that

3. Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

4. All in this together
    - High School Musical Soundtrack

5. I've done a similar leaving present in the past and used 'that's what friends are for' by Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder etc - especially nice if you have lots of photos of them with their friends etc.
    Good luck whatever you choose!

6. I like 'Search for the Hero' (M People?) And in a slightly differet vein, have also used 'The Long and Winding Road'.

7. Done something similar. I've used:
    • Leann Womack - I Hope You Dance
    • Mandy Moore - Extraordinary
    • Beatles - There Are Places I Remember
    • Amy Grant - Oh, How the Years Go By
    • 10,000 Maniacs - These Are Days
    • Vitamen C - Friends Forever
    • Andrew Gold - Thank You for Being a Friend
    • Natalie Merchant - Kind and Generous
    Hope this helps.

8. Never forget - Take That

If I remember rightly the beginning lyrics go on about coming on a long way... etc.

9. dazzan74

dazzan74 New commenter

Green Day's 'Time of your life' is an excellent choice but you will just need to edit out the first couple of seconds but this does not affect it. I have used it several times before.

10. All kids seem to love Grease - I included "We go together" when I did mine last year.

11. thanks so much for the replies this far everyone - some really good ideas? any more?

*bump*

12. Everyone's changing by Keen

13. Have used:
    Reach for the Stars - S Club 7
    Don't stop believin' - Journey/Glee

14. Lou Reed - Perfect Day

15. Hi, I too work in a specail school, with a very small group of children- in the past I have used such songs as
    Celebration, simply the best, knowing me knowing you, moving on up, etc and have aslo used favourite songs sung in cxass and school assemblies......... hope this helps!
    Jenny

16. Hiya
    What about You Raise Me Up, very inspirational
    Good luck
    Jacqui

17. We use "You Raise Me Up" - Boyzone.
    What about Beatles - "A Little Help from My Friends"

18. I also teach students with SLD and make them photos CDs at the end of each year.
    for each student I put music on that they enjoy and respond best to (so yes, some of my students have had some quite heavy metal songs on their end of year photo montages!!!)

19. Hiya
    Have a look at some of Stephen Fishbachers music. His brand name is Fischy music and website www.fischy.com.
    Really great feel good music for kids like "Build Up", "I'm the only I" and "As We Go"

20. Reach for the stars was played when I left a school as TA - brings back super memories!