1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Re-interview for PGCE part time Primary Canterbury!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by chelsea4life29, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I applied for the part time PGCE primary with Canterbury Christ Church, and had an interview around mid november 2011,I did all I could and thought it went ok,obviously not as I got a rejection letter and did ask for feedback on why i failed.
    They mentioned in my feedback that I need to work on my presentation skills and acquire more teaching experince in a school setting to broaden my knowledge of educational issues,however they did say the interviewer will welcome my application in the nearest future if i did want to apply provided i worked on those areas mentioned in the feedback( I have worked as a teaching assistant for 2 years)
    I replied back to them saying I will take the feedback on board and said nerves probably got the better of me that day as, Lo and behold! they emailed me back that they are willing to interview me for a second time in january 2012 so I can take up a place on the course provided i have worked on those areas.
    Now this is catch 22, should i take up the interview offer and get my hopes up and be dashed again or should I go for it?
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    thanks
    Chelsea4life.

2. Hi,
    I applied for the part time PGCE primary with Canterbury Christ Church, and had an interview around mid november 2011,I did all I could and thought it went ok,obviously not as I got a rejection letter and did ask for feedback on why i failed.
    They mentioned in my feedback that I need to work on my presentation skills and acquire more teaching experince in a school setting to broaden my knowledge of educational issues,however they did say the interviewer will welcome my application in the nearest future if i did want to apply provided i worked on those areas mentioned in the feedback( I have worked as a teaching assistant for 2 years)
    I replied back to them saying I will take the feedback on board and said nerves probably got the better of me that day as, Lo and behold! they emailed me back that they are willing to interview me for a second time in january 2012 so I can take up a place on the course provided i have worked on those areas.
    Now this is catch 22, should i take up the interview offer and get my hopes up and be dashed again or should I go for it?
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    thanks
    Chelsea4life.

3. Hey,
    Firstly I can't believe they said you needed to get more experience! (Doesn't inspire me with much confidence about getting a place on my course!) Any way, I was going to say that if I was given a second chance at an interview I would jump at the chance! You should definitely go for it!! They obviously think you could be good otherwise they wouldn't have bothered asking you back!
    The only reason you may not want to go for a second interview is if this interferes with you getting an interview with your second choice (if you have one) if you don't have a secong choice definitely go for it!!! Otherwise I guess you will have to think about your chances of getting on your first choice witha second interview or just going for your second choice.
    Not sure if I've really helped but thought I'd just reply any way :) I hope you are happy with whatever choice you make and I wish you lots of luck x

4. Thanks for taking the time to reply,anyho...I have decided to go for it (nothing to lose) dont have a second choice as it is a part time programme.. am keeping my fingers crossed.
    thanks

5. I'm glad you got a second chance, not everyone does, must have been your reply to their feedback. I think you stand a good chance since you already have an idea of what the interview selection process is like.
    I'm looking at applying for the part time primary PGCE, do you have any pointers that I can take on board for the personal statement and interview. I would really appreciate it
    All the best, come January