1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE inspection

Discussion in 'Primary' started by emilystrange, Jul 1, 2011.

1. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

we have one next week. i've been asked to think about PHSE linking with christian values, as i might be asked about that. has anyone got anything i could add to my ponderings?

2. We had our inspection recently. They didn't like that we were doing SEAL in our assemblies, as they aren't 'Christian' in so far as not usually linked to bible stories etc. There is a publication which is like a Christian SEAL, I think it is called something like the 12 apostles. We now use it instead.

3. emilystrange

well, no, SEAL isn't collective worship, so i can see why they might not have liked it.
    from what i can gather, it's more on the abstract side of the question, not about what we actually teach.

4. comenius

comenius New commenter

5. emilystrange

a little, for some ideas about how they reflect each other. the school isn't going to sign up for that program though.

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'd be really, really interested in this for my school, however a search on goggle for 'the 12 apostles' doesn't quite give me what I want. Do you have a publisher or more specific name please?

7. Minnie, I will find out the exact name and post it when I get it.

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You star! Thank you so much.

9. We use Twelve Baskets/ Teachers Dozen
    http://www.twelvebaskets.co.uk/view/store/a_teachers_dozen_spring_year_a
    It follows the SEAL format but with a religious element. Lots of really exciting assmeblies which often include the children participation - which they love.
    There are 3, 1 for each term!
    Good luck with your RE inspection we had ours in the Autumn and got a Good!!!
    Louise

10. Minnie
    It might be the same one as Louise has linked to. The link to the one we use is here:

11. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Not my thread asking, but thank you both for the links. Much appreciated.

12. emilystrange

now that, marlin, was ace! exactly what i needed.
    ok... displays up, place tidied, best behaviour ready to put on, and RE SEF thought about. am as ready as i can be, i think...

13. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

So happy to have helped! Hope it all goes well for you! [​IMG]

14. emilystrange

it did, we got a good! and they asked me not one single question... pfftt. still, i know more than i did.
    thanks!

15. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Thank goodness it's all over - well done for the 'good' - perhaps you exuded such confidence after all your prior reading they thought they didn't need to ask. [​IMG]

16. emilystrange

i'll pretend that's what happened [​IMG]

[​IMG]