1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE: IGCSE Chemistry

Discussion in 'Science' started by fiaraz, Jun 2, 2013.

1. i use soem as papers as some of teh lower end questions are suitable

2. Which IGCSE are you doing? Edexcel, CIE Cambridge or AQA Certificate iGCSE?

I will be teaching Edexcel IGCSE from September.

Unfortunately to my knowledge there is not currently an IGCSE exam pro/ testbase/ exam wizard etc for either of these courses.

Does your school buy a course specific textbook? My new school uses Pearson Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry http://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/Secondary/Science/IGCSE/EdexcelIGCSEBiologyChemistryPhysics/ISBN/StudentResources/IGCSEforEdexcelChemistry.aspx which comes with an ActiveBook CD.

Apparently (I have never seen the CD) it contains 20 past paper Edexcel IGCSE questions, and also multiple choice questions. Maybe the multiple choice questions could be of use in class for revision, or as homework revision, and the past paper questions could be used as end of topic tests?

The Chemistry for You series is a generic textbook that is suitable for all syllabuses including IGCSE, and on their website they have a page mapping the book's pages to every specification.

There are other books for each specification, some of which come with CDs with past paper questions, which hopefully you will be able to copy/ paste.

3. I hear on the grapevine that an Exam Wizard for IGCSE is being planned by Edexcel for the autumn...

4. Educake

Educake New commenter

I don't know of anything that does this at the moment, but we are working on an Edexcel IGCSE version of Educake which will be ready for September. You'll be able to have a free 30 day trial then.

Educake has online tests organised into topics matching the specification. It also works on iPhones and iPads, as well as PCs and Macs.

5. Excellent, I look forward to both of these.

6. Hi, does anyone know if the Exam Wizard for IGCSE science is available yet (or another form/prodcut of/like Exam Wizard?