1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE: Hair

Discussion in 'Personal' started by marisamoon, May 10, 2015.

1. I didn't know people discuss hair issues. I'm glad for that. I'm sorry to say this, but do you think there are hair dryers for curly hair? It's says so here:

2. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

I'd love that, airy. with black not blonde... but when my hair goes grey for good, anything could happen

3. tidal

tidal New commenter

Very old thread

4. lucyrose50

lucyrose50 New commenter

You can buy special shampoo that's aimed at people who swim a lot and don't want their hair to go a funny colour. I got mine from Boots, but I'm sure they sell it in other places as well. I can't really comment on how effective it is as I don't know that I swim often enough for it to really make a difference, but I can definitely say that the chlorine hasn't made my hair look funny!

5. tidal

tidal New commenter

Still a very old thread

6. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Yes you can buy but an emergency solution is tomato ketchup! Chemicals in tomatoes negate the chemical reaction of the chlorine.

I have only had to use it once and it did work but I did bawk and retch as I hate TK. However, it has only happened once in the many, many years I've been harassing my hair too be an unnatural colour. Also, it was abroad where the poolboy was rather profligate with the chlorine.

Might be a necro-thread but just think, if it hadn't been resurrected I'd never been able to pass on this little gem [​IMG]

7. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Interesting. The chemicals in ketchup cancel out the stinky effect when the dog rolls in fox poo too. Useful stuff that ketchup!

8. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I think we need more necro-threads.

To breathe a bit of life into the place!

9. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Is there one called 'Daft things you've done on a bicycle' or 'What scares the bejeezuz out of you' I could keep either one of those afloat for weeks!

10. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I do like the term 'necro-threads'! I think Lilac bottled it in the end ... or did she. Get back here Lil and tell us. I chopped all my long hair off two weeks ago and suspect it will never be back. It was an overdue change but the boyf person always insisted on how much he liked my long hair but in the end I just did it and he got used to it.

11. DogsareNOTstupid

DogsareNOTstupid New commenter

I did that too PM! My hair was way down my back, and now just brushes my shoulders. OH over a few days adjusted to 'It's alright.' to telling me that i looked cute :)