1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RE Golden Hello

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by stroppy1, Jul 13, 2011.

1. I finished my NQT year in July 2009 and did not recieve a letter to claimm back my golden hello for £2000 for teaching RE and having an RE PGCE. Is it too late to claim? I understand the letter should have come from the university I completed my PGCE with but I never got one.

Thanks any advice is helpful1

2. I don't know whether or not it will be too late to claim but when I claimed my golden hello I was told I had to phone my university to get the letter so I would suggest getting in touch with the uni you did your PGCE at as they will know.

Miss Happy

3. You need to contact your Uni for one, I finished my PGCE year last year and never got one, but phoned up my uni about one and they sent me a copy. Though I'm not sure what the time limit on claiming a golden hello is.

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

You have to submit the GH form with the LA within 12 months of completing Induction and only if you are contracted in an LA post at the time.
    You've missed the boat, I'm afraid! You should have submitted the form in the 2009-2010 school year.